Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Baby Blues


We made our first trip out to the farm to see my family for Christmas.  Miles did great on his first road trip.  He slept most of the way, and I guess sleeping is sort of his thing.  He nearly sleeps all day.  We got some great shots of him being exceptionally alert.  His eyes are that mysterious shade of blue gray that so many newborns start out with.  We have been debating and wondering about the color of Miles eyes since he arrived.  It is surprising to us.  With Mike's dark features, we really assumed Miles would follow suit.  But his complexion and hair aren't nearly as dark as Mike's, and those eyes are still so mysterious.  Looking at this photo of my mother and I, it makes me think he just might get those baby blue eyes, too.

4 comments:

  1. I think blue eyes are a recessive jean, so if both parents don't have blue eyes, then the baby will wind up with brown. Looks like I solved the mystery for you! However, what's up with that super light/reddish-brown hair?! Adorbs.

    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. blue is recessive but i seem to remember a little something from 8th grade biology with mr. ogard if mike is carrying the recessive gene then there is a chance. remember these

    Bb + bb (upper case B is brown lower case b is blue)
    If Mike is Bb and I am bb and the baby gets one gene from each of us, then there is a chance for the babe to have bb as in blue eyes.

    But if Mike is BB and I am bb then our baby will definitely have brown eyes. the only combination would be Bb = brown.

    if you can't tell i kinda want Miles to have blue eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhm...beyond the beautiful blue eyes (which are indeed beautiful), can we talk about that outfit!!! Is that a sheriff shirt with brown suede fringe shoulder caps??? I swear that if they make that thing in Pitbull-size then Lucy is so getting dressed up this weekend. Can't believe how big (and adorable) he is! Miss you guys!—Heather

    ReplyDelete